Our Commitment to Privacy
To Our Clients and Prospective Clients:
At Weiss Capital Management, Inc., we are proud of our privacy practices and want you to know how we protect your personal information and use it to establish and maintain your account.
First and foremost, we are committed to maintaining the confidentiality, integrity and security of your personal information. You benefit from this privacy protection automatically whether you are an existing, prospective or former client. We are committed to providing you with superior service and in so doing, protecting the nonpublic information we have collected.
Please be aware that you do not have to contact us to benefit from Weiss Capital Management’s privacy protections; they apply automatically to all our clients.
Should you have any questions regarding the privacy of your personal information, please contact us at 800.814.3034.
Thank you for the trust you are placing in us.
Weiss Capital Management, Inc.
How and Why We Obtain Personal Information
WCM may collect this nonpublic personal information about you in any of the following ways:
- New Account Application (i.e. Social Security number, date of birth, income and assets)
- Transaction activity (types of transactions, balances)
- Information about your transactions and account experience with Weiss Capital Management, Inc.
- Information from consumer reporting agencies (for example, to verify your identity, to assess your creditworthiness;
- Information from other outside sources regarding your employment, credit, or other relationship with them;
- Demographic and other general information we obtain that allows us to develop new products and services we can offer you but that will not be used in any way to determine your eligibility for credit, insurance, employment or products and services that you request;
WCM limits the collection, use, and retention of your personal information to the extent of assisting us to properly administer our business and service your account and to continue to improve our services to you.
How WCM Protects the Collection of Your Information
WCM recognizes the importance of protecting your personal information and therefore we take the responsibility of handling both your trust and personal information extremely seriously. WCM does not sell client information to anyone. WCM does not disclose any nonpublic personal information about you, whether you are a current client or a former client, to anyone, except as permitted by law or as authorized by you. We may share your personal information that we collect “on a strictly limited, confidential basis” with the following entities:
- Affiliates such as service providers related to the trading activity in your account.
- Regulatory agencies such as the SEC and Federal and State Law enforcement agencies.
- Governmental agencies such as the IRS.
- Credit reporting and verification resources.
- In connection with a subpoena or similar legal process, a fraud investigation, or an audit.
WCM restricts access to your personal and account information to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you or to assist you with ongoing maintenance of your account. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to guard your nonpublic personal information.
If you are a former client of WCM, your information will be treated in the same manner as that of our current clients.
For our Clients in California, Vermont or North Dakota, please read this special notice:
If you are a resident of California, Vermont or North Dakota, you may request that we not share your personal information with unaffiliated companies with which we have joint marketing agreements, except as otherwise permitted by law.
Web Site Privacy
The importance of protecting your personal information online is critical in today’s Internet environment. Therefore along with all of the security measures described above, we employ the following online security measures.
We protect your personal information by incorporating powerful state-of-the-art security measures and all of your personal information is collected and stored on a secure area of our web site. Access to secure areas of our web site are protected by a unique User ID and Personal Identification Number (PIN).
When you visit our web site a cookie is transmitted to your computer. A cookie is simply an electronically transmitted file that holds small pieces of information, which personalizes and enhances the performance of your experience at WCM. It furthermore, enables us to determine which areas of our web site are more popular than others and which of our advertisements on other sites have been visited, which enables us to make improvements to our site. It is important for you to know that your privacy is never compromised when you accept a cookie from our web site. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, allowing you to decide whether to accept it.